This tasteful traditional plate brings all the flavor and the smells of the summer. Ιts amazing how quickly can I transfer to my childhood, to my summer house and how quickly my appetite goes crazy and my mouth became wet when an image of fresh just baked stuffed peppers comes to my mind.
Stuffed with rice green peppers Ingredients
- Slice the tops off the peppers. Using a spoon empty out the middle (the ribs and seeds) of the pepper.
- Place the peppers, stand still in a pan.
- Put the cut onion, a tbsp of oil a pinch of salt into a bowl and mix.
- Take the insides of the tomato and chop them into small pieces. Then, add 1 tablespoon of salt, the dry the mint the parsley and the chia seeds and mix.
- Finally add the uncooked short-grain rice, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, and 3/4 cup olive oil and let the mixture sit.
- Fill the peppers to the top with the rice mixture and top them with their caps. If you are in a hurry use cooked rice, a mixture that you may have done it and boiled it the day before. If you use boiled rice it will also need less time baking. But for this recipe, the instructions are for unboiled.
- Place any rice leftovers mixture in the gaps between the peppers.
- Add a glass of water to the pan and make sure that the water will cover all the surface and not just some spots of the pan.
- Bake it in a Preheated oven, around 70 minutes at 300 degrees F and add a little more water to the pan whenever they seemed dry or it’s needed.